Central Earthmoving Company Pty Ltd trading as Centrals CEM (Centrals) is committed to achieving a safe and healthy working environment for all workplace participants in accordance with its responsibilities under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 and other relevant legislation.
Centrals adheres to the principles of AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and believes in the process of continual improvement for all aspects of Health and Safety. The process of continual improvement is aimed at providing a safe, healthy and productive working environment through the prevention of work related injury and illness.
Central’s management commit to the implementation of effective Occupational Health and Safety management practices with the aim to eliminate work related injury and illness.
We are committed to:
- Promoting and maintaining a positive safety culture for all workplace participants.
- Maintaining accreditation to AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Establishing measureable objectives and targets for Health and Safety to ensure continual improvement towards the elimination of work related injury and illness.
- Carrying out risk assessments for the identification and control of hazards in the workplace.
- Providing policies, procedures and safe systems of work that clearly state safety and health objectives and demonstrate a commitment to workplace participant’s safety and health.
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision to all workplace participants to prevent exposure to hazards.
- Undertaking regular audits and inspections to ensure set Health and Safety standards are being adhered to.
- Providing well maintained plant and equipment.
- Ensuring the safe use of chemicals and hazardous substances by using safe systems of work.
- Consultation, communication and cooperation between Centrals management and workplace participants on issues relating to Health and Safety.
- Investigation and review of all incidents and Near Misses related to Centrals’ workplace participants, work activities and plant.
- Ensuring Centrals policies, procedures and safe systems of work are effectively implemented and maintained.
This policy applies to all Centrals employees, contractors and visitors.
It will be communicated to all employees and available in the Company intranet document library and to the public on the Company website.
This policy will be will be reviewed annually to ensure compliance with legislative changes and to confirm its ongoing suitability.