Central Earthmoving Company Pty Ltd trading as Centrals CEM (Centrals) is committed to the protection of the Environment
Centrals recognises the need to balance economic, environmental and social responsibilities when conducting its business activities and are committed to protecting the environment through effective environmental management of its activities.
Centrals adheres to the principles of AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems and believes in the process of continual improvement.
Central’s management commit to the implementation of effective environmental management practices and sustainable development with the aim to minimise any adverse impacts its activities may have on the environment.
We are committed to:
- Complying with all applicable legislation, regulations, Australian Standards, other responsible industry requirements relevant to environmental management
- Maintaining accreditation to ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems.
- Assessing the potential environmental aspects and impacts of Centrals activities and monitoring environmental requirements.
- Ensuring environmental aspects, impacts are identified and operational controls are planned and implemented.
- Setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets to assist in continuous improvement opportunities.
- Undertaking regular audits and inspections to ensure set environmental standards are being adhered to.
- Implementing training and awareness programs that promote environmental performance.
- The prevention of pollution
- Avoiding the generation of significant nuisance noise levels, dust migration and hydrocarbon contamination.
- Reduction in the use of resources and waste through innovative technology/ engineering options and recycling practices.
- The protection of native flora and fauna.
- Avoiding the disturbance of significant archaeological, natural or scientific sites.
- Working in partnership with our stakeholders, such as local communities, conservation groups and traditional owners.
- Ensuring that responsibilities for environmental management are communicated and clearly understood by all employees and contractors.
This policy applies to all Centrals employees, contractors and visitors.
It will be communicated to all employees and available in the Company intranet document library and to the public on the Company website.
This policy will be will be reviewed annually to ensure compliance with legislative changes and to confirm its ongoing suitability.